Sunday, February 17, 2019

I made a little more progress yesterday. It may seem silly to keep hacking away at a #painting that is not coming together quickly or easily, but for me, it’s an important part of the process. If I didn’t spend time on the difficult #paintings, I would be skilled enough to create the ones that seemingly magically come together. Some things just need more time. At this point the #drawing is resolved, but I’m not seeing the model sitting there with me. His #portrait isn’t speaking to me yet. But I still love this obsessive feeling that comes over me, trying to find just the right mixture and combination to bring this young man to #life. . . #contemporaryart #oilpainting #portraitpainting #pdxart #ocac #art #artistsoninstagram #artoftheday #instaart #paintingoftheday #artstudent #artschool #impressionism #academicart


No comments:

Post a Comment